- Getting the basics of tango is easy – not difficult.
Getting to be good will be like anything and take some practice – but getting the basics is easy.
- Tango’s USP is Passion. Yet sometimes I wonder whether it shouldn’t be Drama. Or Passion and Drama, Drama and Passion. Drama and Fun. Find the mix that works for you.
- Many teachers read from the same manual – the manual is not always right. Make sure you find a teacher you are happy with. If you’re putting in the hours and are not learning, change teachers.
- We are not in 1930s Argentina today. This means that you have a choice with your tango – you can go traditional, or modern. There are many styles of dancing, many styles of music, many styles of Milongas – each with their own fervent supporters. Go explore.
- Have fun! We dance to make us feel alive and in the moment. Do you feel alive?